Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

Bookworms Romeo and Juliet

For activity two of Bookworms I had to write a short recount of what I did this morning. Once I did that I had to go to this website and translate English to Shakespearean English. This is what my morning was like.

English

This morning I woke up to the sound of my Mum yelling” I’m going to have a shower, by the time I get out you better be ready to go to Opa and Oma’s house!” Mum had just started her first day of work this morning so we had to go to Oma and Opa’s house because Mum and Dad had work. But I did not think about it that much though because I was too tired.

Later I woke up to the sound of Mum saying “Are you all ready? We’re going now!” At that  moment I sprang out of bed and got dressed I packed my laptop, drawing tablet, charger, mouse for laptop, pen for drawing tablet and my Memory Stick where I save my minecraft skins, music, pictures and School Work.

I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and grabbed my hoodie. Then I stood by the door waiting for everyone else to be ready but it hurt because yesterday we went to the beach so I got sunburnt. That was my Morning Recount.

06-Jan-20

Shakespearean English

This m'rning i did wake up to the soundeth of mine own mum yelling” i’m going to has't a showeth'r, by the timeth i receiveth out thee bett'r beest eft to wend to opa and oma’s house!” mum hadst just did start h'r first day of w'rk this m'rning so we hadst to wend to oma and opa’s house because mum and father hadst w'rk.  But i didst not bethink about t yond much though because i wast too not restful.

lat'r i did wake up to the soundeth of mum declaring “are thee all eft? we’re going anon!” at yond  moment i did spring out of sleep chamber and did get did dress i pack'd mine own laptop, drawing tablet, charg'r, mouse f'r laptop, pen f'r drawing tablet and mine own mem'ry sticketh wh're i saveth mine own minecraft skins, music, pictures and school w'rk.

i ranneth to the bathroom, did brush mine own teeth and did grab mine own hoodie.  Then i stoodeth by the doth'r waiting f'r ev'ryone else to beest eft but t did hurt because yest'rday we wenteth to the beach so i did get sunburnt.  Yond wast mine own m'rning recount.

06-jan-20

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Arie,

    Man, Shakespearean English is super tricky to read! Imagine if people actually spoke and wrote like that. Imagine if WE spoke and wrote like that! Do you think you'd be able to do it?

    Well done on completing another activity, Arie. I'm so pleased you're putting the time and effort into working on the programme - nice work! :)

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mikey! I think I would be able to write and speak Shakespearean english if I grew up with it. Like learning english right now except I grew up speaking shakespearean. Cya Mikey. I better get to bed!
    -Arie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arie,

      That's a very good point. I suppose if we'd always spoken Shakespearean English regular English would sound strange as well.

      Have an awesome weekend, Arie.

      Bye for now,

      Mikey

      Delete
  3. Cya Mikey! I am going to Kirkwood intermediate now!
    -Arie

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.